THE YANKEE AIR FORCE MUSEUM AT WILLOW RUN AIRPORT
YPSILANTI, MICHIGAN 2002
The factory at Willow Run was built in 1941 for the purpose of building B-24 bombers for WWII. The entire airport spans some 1400 acres. As the complex was being built, over 100 people lost their lives due to construction accidents. When the time came that the largest old hangar building was vacant, The Yankee Air Force was formed and the hangar became a military museum and a place to restore old aircraft for display. Many volunteers spent hours there, day & night to make the place educational and entertaining for the visiting public. Members of the group who had mechanical abilities would often work on the old planes well into the night. Many of them had experiences while there that they could not explain. Eventually, one of them contacted us to come and check it out. They'd see shadowy figures walk around, and sometimes find tools missing from their boxes, only to be returned the next day. They would hear voices they didn't recognize, and strange happenings occurred in the women's restroom when no women were present.